CAREERS AT SEDA
With over 150 staff across Australia, SEDA is committed to attracting, developing and retaining great people. We want our staff to be the best they can be and be part of making a difference.
Our Values at Work – The Cornerstone of how we Behave
- we act with transparency, honesty and fairness. We own our own decisions and behaviours.
- we encourage new thinking, listen to ideas and have an open mind.
- we set high standards, give our best and are consistently reliable. We deliver on commitments.
- we work in partnership willingly. We share challenges and success.
The details you provide to us when applying for a position at SEDA are covered by the provisions of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. In submitting an application, you authorise SEDA to use the information you have provided in the selection process for this position.
A range of selection activities may be undertaken to assess suitability including application and selection criteria, interviews, reference checks, qualification checks and other assessments.
About the business and the role
- Trainer and Assessor for the SEDA Fitness Program (Fitzroy Location)
- 6-month contract position (Part Time 0.4)
- $60-65k per annum, pro rata, dependent on qualifications and experience.
WHO IS SEDA GROUP?
SEDA Group (SEDA) is a leading provider of hands-on education that delivers senior secondary and post-secondary qualifications that are designed to engage, educate and empower young people as they transition onto employment or further education. The qualifications offered at SEDA range from Certificate II through to Diploma level as well as First Aid and CPR. SEDA delivers programs in Victoria, Western Australia and the Northern Territory to meet the needs of people whose education preference is for applied, context relevant, learning experience connected to peak industry organisations. At SEDA students are provided with industry opportunities they will not find anywhere else and a range of learning opportunities to prepare them for a successful future.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Effective and engaging delivery of training and assessment material for VET Fitness courses;
- Maintaining all assessment and reporting documentation for all participants;
- Coordinating practical placement opportunities and experiences for students;
- Development of training and assessment material for both classroom and online learning;
- Validation activities;
- Implementation of mutually beneficial programs with industry partners;
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders (including students, employers, gyms and fitness centres);
- Facilitating continuous improvement across all aspects of the role.
Skills and experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 (essential);
- One of: Diploma of Fitness (SIS50213 or SIS50215) or Exercise Science/Human Movement Degree (essential)
- Relevant industry currency (Minimum 1 year consecutive post qualification fitness industry experience in the application of the skills and knowledge of the Diploma of Fitness);
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Current First Aid qualification (including CPR and Anaphylaxis Training);
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written communication skills; and
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances.
Job benefits and perks
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding.
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter, current resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description. To apply in strict confidence, please send your application to Recruitment@sedagroup.com.au or by mail to Human Resources, 425 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn East, Victoria 3123. Only applicants with current working rights are eligible to apply.
Applications close 28th July, 2017. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note previous applicants need not reapply.
- Nationally focused role
- Full time, 12 month contract with a view to full time permanent
- Immediate start
About the business:
SEDA Group (SEDA) is a progressive education organisation highly regarded for empowering, supporting and believing in young people. SEDA has a national footprint, and delivers its range of senior secondary and post-secondary programs across multiple states and territories. SEDA offers an applied, context relevant, learning experience connected to peak industry organisations, and leverages practical learning opportunities, and mentors to develop work ready skills. SEDA helps people develop the personal qualities and skills to be confident and to reach their full potential.
About the role:
The Client Support Technician provides technical support and assistance for information and communication technology (ICT) users at SEDA Group. Working directly with head office staff as well a staff in venues located nationally, the Client Support Technician is responsible for the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems, and the deployment of technical solutions, via helpdesk software, email, or phone.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure all logged requests are responded to within appropriate timeframe and requestor notified.
- Be the first point of contact for all staff enquiries and requests relating to ICT.
- Accurately prioritise requests in timely manner to minimize downtime, and the impact on staff or students.
- Provide timely responses to all ICT phone/email enquiries or concerns.
- Ensuring all helpdesk requests are completed and outcomes are communicated to user groups.
- Developing procedures and help sheets to assist with instructing users
with appropriate practices.
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase internal user satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- If required, attend onsite visits to venues to provide further hands-on support.
- Regularly report and communicate with the ICT Services Manager of key issues and task outcomes and provide reports for all helpdesk requests.
Network Administration / Maintenance
- Commissioning, migrating and decommissioning hardware, software, and network infrastructure and user access to support the needs of staff.
- Performing user management support for user accounts.
- Undertaking routine maintenance and checking of networked workstations and other peripherals.
- Following acceptance testing for new ICT equipment.
- Installation, configuration and removal of standardised software onto systems as advised by the ICT Services Manager.
- Accurately recording, administering and managing lifecycle of assets and software licenses through ICT asset management system.
- Maintaining ICT knowledge base with system documentation, procedures and help sheets.
- Provide support and advice to ICT Services Manager when required.
Skills and experience:
- 2 – 3 years ICT experience
- A sound knowledge and understanding of a range of technologies, including but not limited to:
- Office 365
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Server technologies including: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS etc…
- Enterprise WiFi
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong client focus and a desire to assist others
- The ability to analyse problems quickly and skilfully
- A methodical and disciplined approach
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet challenging deadlines
Job benefits and perks:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave
- Flexible work environment
- Close to public transport and great cafes
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding. Click here to download a copy of the Position Description.
Applications close on Monday 31st July.
- Exciting opportunity for a driven marketer to take the next step in their career!
- Work within a collaborative marketing team in a fun and relaxed culture!
- + 5 weeks annual leave!
So, what’s the role?
SEDA is now seeking a qualified and driven Marketing Coordinator to join their team in Hawthorn, VIC, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the National Marketing and Communications Manager you will be responsible for:
• Developing and executing marketing campaigns to target groups/areas and the wider community
• Assist with the management of relationships with key industry partners,
• Oversee the design of marketing material across the organisation.
• Managing key events including program launches and career expos
• Manage print, TV and radio advertising campaigns
• Provide detailed metrics including reports of marketing activities,
Now let’s talk about you.
You will be joining SEDA as a pivotal part of their Marketing and Communications team. This is a big role so it goes without saying that you will need a proven track record in a similar capacity to be considered, backed up by relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing or a related field.
Strong campaign management experience and stakeholder management skills are essential, as is a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator) and website content management systems.
Exposure to sports/community programs and a strong understanding of customer experience while not mandatory, would also be highly regarded. More importantly, you’ll be able to understand and relate to SEDA’s target demographic, as well as possess the ability to work and liaise with key internal stakeholders.
You will be an organised, team-oriented and personable individual, with excellent communication, planning and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines effectively.
A proactive self-starter, you will be dedicated to executing marketing projects to the highest calibre and working within a team of passionate, energetic and positive staff members, you’ll also need a winning attitude and a drive to succeed.
This role would be well suited to a Marketing Coordinator looking for their next career move or someone in a similar role looking for a new challenge.
And what are the perks?
• Career growth opportunities,
• Intensive on the job training,
• A relaxed and inclusive work culture,
• A competitive salary,
• A mobile phone and laptop,
• 5 weeks annual leave
Heard about SEDA before?
SEDA is an applied education provider that has developed a unique teaching and learning model that embraces a practical hands on approach to learning with strong partnerships, particularly in the sports industry. The model has seen SEDA establish over 30 partnerships with industry (including national and state sporting associations and elite clubs). These partnerships have provided students with first hand industry experience through an applied curriculum and flexible delivery model matched to student interests.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to take the next step up in their marketing career, within an organisation making a real and positive difference to the lives of children across Australia. Click here to download a copy of the Position Description and Apply Now!
Applications close on Wednesday 12th July.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for any of the current vacancies listed on this site, please read the position description. Selection will be based on assessment against the specified selection criteria. What you need to do:
- Obtain the position description and review against your own skills and attributes
- Update your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Write a covering letter
- Address the selection criteria (if applicable)
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your full application must be received by the specified closing date. Late applications may not be accepted. SEDA prefers to receive applications via email through email@example.com.
What happens after you apply?
Application: After you have submitted your application you will receive an automatic email advising you that your application has been received.
Interviews: The interview process may consist of a one or two stage interview process. It may also include psychometric or competency-based testing. Interviews usually involve a panel of three, including a member of the People & Culture team and the Hiring Manager. This is an opportunity to obtain a detailed understanding of the role and the company, to discuss your career aspirations and to answer behavioural and skills based questions.
Referees: Please provide the name, location and day time contact telephone numbers of two referees, preferably your present and former supervisors. Your referees may be contacted at any time during the selection process, but are usually only contacted if you are considered to be in serious contention for the position.