Who is SEDA Group
Established in 2006, SEDA Group (SEDA) is an applied learning education provider, known for successfully developing a model of Senior Secondary School both inside and outside the classroom. As a national organisation our hands-on learning environment is unrivalled. We focus on individual learning and enabling our students to build transferrable skills that will prepare them for a successful future.
An exciting part time Finance Assistant position has now arisen to join our small friendly Finance department. Hours can be accommodated to suit your commitments.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting in the timely delivery of SEDA Group’s financial performance reporting and analysis. This role is responsible for assisting with the preparation of the financial reports for the group, monthly accounts and costing analysis, and the provision of management reports to various business teams enabling them to effectively manage their budgets. Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist with ensuring all financial and management reporting is completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Assist with providing the Executive team with financial reports and advice for business segments
- Assist with ensuring that all reports are delivered to stakeholders by due dates, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Variance Analysis and Cash flow reports
- Assist with the management of one Accounts Assistant
- Overseeing the completion of all matters relating to GST & FBT
- Overseeing the preparation and lodgement of statutory reporting and income tax obligations
- Assist with processing of payroll and management of all matters relating to SBAT wages.
We are looking for someone with the following:
Skills and Experience
- A strong sense of trust and a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Demonstrated and proven experience in an accounting related roles preferably within a commercial environment
- Analytical capability and ability to apply strategic thinking to financial data input, reporting and analysis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute effectively as a team member to achieve goals
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to identify issues and propose solutions
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs and other relevant database programs
- Demonstrated experience in accounting software packages
- Working With Childrens Check
Through this role you will have the opportunity to work with a highly successful organisation that partners with over 45 leading sport, recreation, building and trade organisations across Australia. We are highly regarded for empowering, supporting and believing in our people with a commitment to:
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter and current resume. The Position Description is available from our website: https://seda.edu.au/about-seda/careers-at-seda/
Please note, only applicants who are permitted to live and work in Australia will be considered and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications or queries are to be emailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please attach the questions from seek to your application.
Closing date is 27 November 2017
Please click the button below to view the position description.