Sports INDUSTRY PROGRAM
- Comprehensive package of SEDA Group Benefits, including initiatives such as reward and recognition
- All Teacher conditions apply
- Based in Geelong
- Opportunity to work with Sporting partners and to thrive in our engaged workplace culture
“SEDA has opened up many doors for my daughter. The personal support and guidance she receives from her mentor, I believe, is unparalleled in education. She now has the skills and confidence to enter the next stage of her life”. Parent comment
SEDA Group (SEDA) is an applied learning education provider. We are a leader in our industry with a respected reputation for successfully developing a model of Senior Secondary School and Vocational
Education and Training both inside and outside the classroom. We are a national organisation with a hands-on learning environment that is unrivalled by any other education provider. Together with our peak industry partnerships, we provide unique opportunities and experiences that focus on individual learning which enables our students to become confident young adults We change people’s lives through individual learning to develop real skills and prepare students for a successful future.
The strength and success of SEDA Group is built on our people and their passion for education. Our staff are accomplished, passionate, collaborative, innovative and engaged with the education of our students and their professional learning and their major projects. We have a unique opportunity for you to be part of a dynamic transformation in our Diploma program and make your mark from the ground up as you focus on our 1:1 mentoring relationship teaching our students and their learning and assessment within the Sports Development Programs. These roles are full time and initially offered for a minimum of two year’s
Reporting to the Operation’s Manager, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading, developing and mentoring each student through avenues such as My Plan, 1:1 relationship building and stakeholder management with SEDA Group employees across all parts of the business;
- Successfully contributing to the development of the major projects initiative ensuring a quality outcome for students;
- Executing, evaluating and reporting on industry partner activities and work plans as you develop and maintain partnerships with schools, community organisations, sporting partners, industry representatives, employers and local government;
- Developing a classroom culture where students will enthusiastically volunteer their time and connect with the industry and community to develop their skills and experience; and
- Proactively participating regularly in the evaluation of the program to ensure continuous improvements and identifying opportunities to grow the program.
In return for your dedication and commitment to your role, we offer:
- An Employee Assistance Program (confidential, free counselling)
- A generous rewards and benefits program
- Free flu vaccinations and other health initiatives (including access to a gym in the building!)
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community
- Industry partner tickets to events
- Salary packaging for your vehicle
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave for trips outside of school holidays
- A generous parental leave policy
- And much, much more!
You will be a personable, proactive self-starter who is happy to collaborate and share responsibilities to ensure the best outcomes are provided for young people accessing the program. You will willingly provide support, advice and assistance to other Teachers within the program. SEDA will reward you with a competitive salary, genuine career growth opportunities and flexibility, a relaxed and inclusive work culture, working with a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate, energetic and positive about making a valuable contribution to the lives of students.
At SEDA Group, we live our values of professionalism, collaboration, integrity and innovation. You will be joining SEDA as a pivotal part of the leadership team, so it goes without saying that you will have a Tertiary qualification in Education, Physical Education, Human Movement, Sport, Business, or similar,
be VIT registered and have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 (or prepared to work towards one), coupled with relevant industry currency and can demonstrate the ability to deliver excellence by taking personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes, particularly with management of the major projects.
You will need a current drivers licence and a current First Aid qualification (including CPR). If you are inspired to be part of something bigger and want your contribution to matter, apply for this position now by submitting a covering letter, including addressing the key selection criteria and a current resume directly to email@example.com.
Please read through the Information Pack below:
Conditions of engagement including probation, health and character checks (including police records check and working with Children Check) will apply to this position. All Applicants need to satisfy the selection criteria outlined in SEDA Group’s Skills First Contract and maybe required to complete a Fit and Proper Person declaration form to be eligible for employment.
SEDA Group strongly welcomes applications from our diverse Australian community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All employment decisions are based on merit and we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SEDA Group has a zero tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children’s wellbeing and protecting children from abuse.
“I sent a boy to SEDA who had no great interest to be at school anymore and with no idea of what he wanted to do. He graduated a mature, life ready adult”. Parent comment