Teacher/Facilitator – WA
- Multiple opportunities (Soccer, AFL, Multisport)
- Various locations (Leederville, Mt Claremont & Bunbury)
- Awesome culture, great leadership and supportive team
“SEDA has opened up many doors for my daughter. The personal support and guidance she receives from her mentor, I believe, is unparalleled in education. She now has the skills and confidence to enter the next stage of her life”.
– Parent comment from the SEDA Group survey
SEDA Group (SEDA) is an applied learning education provider. We are a leader in our industry with a respected reputation for successfully developing a model of Senior Secondary School and Vocational Education and Training both inside and outside the classroom. We are a national organisation with a hands-on learning environment that is unrivalled by any other education provider. Together with our peak industry partnerships, we provide unique opportunities and experiences that focus on individual learning which enables our students to become confident young adults. SEDA Group students leave us with bright futures and a thirst for lifelong learning.
The strength and success of SEDA Group is built on our people and their passion for education. This results in a friendly, positive and engaging culture that fosters and empowers our people to do their best, delivering positive outcomes for students and families. We have a unique opportunity to join our team as a teacher within our soccer (Perth Glory) and AFL (West Coast Eagles) Sports Development Programs. These roles are full time and are initially a fixed term contract but have the possibility of it becoming an ongoing position.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Effective and engaging delivery of assessment material for WACE (Physical Education, English and Career and Enterprise) and VET courses;
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders (including parents, students, local community, employers and local government);
- Maintaining all assessment and reporting documentation for WACE and VET courses including records/reports for all participants;
- Implementing and supporting the relevant State Sporting Association’s strategic plan; and
- Facilitating continuous improvement across all aspects of the role.
At SEDA Group, we live our values of professionalism, collaboration, integrity and innovation. You will be joining SEDA as a pivotal part of the team, so it goes without saying that you will be TRBWA registered and have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 (or prepared to work towards one), coupled with relevant industry currency; current drivers licence, current working with children check and a current First Aid qualification (including CPR).
You will be an organised, team-oriented and a personable individual, with excellent communication, planning and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines effectively. As a proactive self-starter, we will reward you with a competitive salary (aligned to the School Education Act Employees’ General Agreement), genuine career growth opportunities and flexibility, a relaxed and inclusive work culture, working with a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate, energetic and positive about making a valuable contribution to the lives of students.
What else can we offer if you join the awesome SEDA team?
- An Employee Assistance Program (confidential, free counselling)
- A generous rewards and benefits program
- Free flu vaccinations and other health initiatives (including discounted gym membership)
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community
- Industry partner tickets to events
- Salary packaging for your vehicle
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave for trips outside of school holidays
- A generous parental leave policy
- And much, much more!
If you are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger and you want your contribution to matter, apply for this position now by submitting a covering letter (including identifying which position / location you’re interested in) and a current resume directly to email@example.com by Friday 11th October at 9am.
Conditions of engagement including probation, health and character checks (including police records check and working with Children Check) will apply to this position. All Applicants need to satisfy the selection criteria may be required to complete a Fit and Proper Person declaration form to be eligible for employment.
SEDA Group strongly welcomes applications from our diverse Australian community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All employment decisions are based on merit and we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SEDA Group has a zero tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children’s wellbeing and protecting children from abuse.
“I sent a boy to SEDA who had no great interest to be at school anymore and with no idea of what he wanted to do. He graduated a mature, life ready adult”. Parent comment from the SEDA Group survey
Applicants must satisfactorily address selection criterion to be shortlisted. All applications are welcomed and will be considered, but only applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted.