Students who undertake their studies with SEDA may have the opportunity to be involved in running a number of events in the community that provide a number of positive outcomes for all involved. Through these experiences students have been able to enhance their communication skills, critical thinking and leadership.
You will have the opportunity to plan and implement a real event linked directly to the strategic plan of a peak sporting organisation. You will feel part of the team, learn from industry staff and see your hard work come to life. You will have the opportunity to develop your understanding of both sourcing sponsorship and utilising different approaches to generate revenue to run your event. There is even the opportunity for you to run your event interstate or abroad!
2018 student projects
- Barkly Region – Collingwood Football Club – In October 2018, 10 SEDA Group Diploma students travelled to a number of remote communities in the Barkly Region facilitating AFL and Netball clinics on behalf of the Collingwood FC. Watch their journey below.
- New Zealand – St Kilda Football Club – In October 2018, 4 SEDA Group Diploma students travelled to New Zealand facilitating AFL clinics on behalf of the St Kilda FC. Watch their journey below.
- Tiwi Islands – Essendon Football Club – In October 2018, 3 SEDA Group Diploma students travelled to the Tiwi Islands facilitating AFL clinics on behalf of the Essendon FC. Watch their journey below.
- Philippines – Melbourne United – In November 2018, 8 SEDA Group Diploma students travelled to the Philippines facilitating basketball and cricket clinics in an orphanage. Watch their journey below.
- Blind Sports Victoria Swimming Program – Students facilitated a weekly swimming program for visually impaired participants
- Older Adults Outdoors Program – Working with Leisure Networks, students designed a program for elderly clients to encourage their involvement in sports actives
- Sports Gala Day for newly arrived Migrants – Working with Monash Community Health, students organised a sports activity day for new migrants
- Holiday Slamz – Students coordinated a basketball tournament for children in foster care in partnership with Melbourne United
- Tasmania Project – Students traveled to Hobart to run two Sports Gala Days in Blundstone Arena in partnership with AFL Tasmania and Cricket Tasmania
- NT Sports Clinics Trip – Students traveled to the Northern Territory, Katherine Region, to deliver sports clinics to primary school students in remote areas
- NT Community Trip – Working with Victoria Police, students ran a series of workshops on authority and breaking the law with the Arlparra Community
- Philippines Orphanage Project – Students traveled the the Philippines to run sporting clinics and assist with community projects
Other events conducted by SEDA students include: