Client Support Technician – ICT
• Nationally focussed role
• Full time, 12-month contract
• Based at the SEDA Group WA Head Office in Myaree.
About the business:
SEDA Group (SEDA) is a progressive education organisation highly regarded for empowering, supporting and believing in young people. SEDA has a national footprint, and delivers its range of senior secondary and post-secondary programs across multiple states and territories. SEDA offers an applied, context relevant, learning experience connected to peak industry organisations, and leverages practical learning opportunities, and mentors to develop work ready skills. SEDA helps people develop the personal qualities and skills to be confident and to reach their full potential.
About the role:
The Client Support Technician provides technical support and assistance for information and communication technology (ICT) users at SEDA Group. Working directly with WA and Victoria head office staff as well as with staff in venues located nationally, the Client Support Technician is responsible for the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems, and the deployment of technical solutions, via helpdesk software, email, or phone.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure all logged requests are responded to within appropriate timeframe and requestor notified.
• Be the first point of contact for all staff enquiries and requests relating to ICT.
• Accurately prioritise requests in timely manner to minimize downtime, and the impact on staff or students.
• Provide timely responses to all ICT phone/email enquiries or concerns.
• Ensuring all helpdesk requests are completed and outcomes are communicated to user groups.
• Developing procedures and help sheets to assist with instructing users with appropriate practices.
• Continually seeking opportunities to increase internal user satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
• If required, attend onsite visits to venues to provide further hands-on support.
• Regularly report and communicate with the ICT Services Manager of key issues and task outcomes and provide reports for all helpdesk requests.
• Commissioning, migrating and decommissioning hardware, software, and network infrastructure and user access to support the needs of staff.
• Performing user management support for user accounts.
• Undertaking routine maintenance and checking of networked workstations and other peripherals.
• Following acceptance testing for new ICT equipment.
• Installation, configuration and removal of standardised software onto systems as advised by the ICT Services Manager.
• Accurately recording, administering and managing lifecycle of assets and software licenses through ICT asset management system.
• Maintaining ICT knowledge base with system documentation, procedures and help sheets.
• Support the ICT Services Manager to develop improved processes when required Undertake other duties that are appropriate to the level of the
position and as directed by the ICT Services Manager
Skills and experience
• Experience in a similar ICT support role
• A sound knowledge and understanding of a range of technologies, including but not limited to:
– Office 365
– Windows 10
– Microsoft Server technologies including: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS etc…
– Enterprise WiFi
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong client focus and the ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with others proven ability to analyse problems quickly
• Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workloads, meet deadlines and adapt to
• A methodical and disciplined approach
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet challenging deadlines
Job benefits and perks
• 5 weeks’ annual leave
• Flexible work environment
• Close to public transport and great cafes
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and a current resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
SEDA Group strongly welcomes applications from our diverse Australian community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All employment decisions are based on merit and we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SEDA Group has a zero-tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children’s wellbeing and protecting children from abuse.
“I sent a boy to SEDA who had no great interest to be at school anymore and with no idea of what he wanted to do. He graduated a mature, life ready adult”. – Parent comment from the SEDA Group survey