SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development – High Performance
STUDY IN A HIGH PERFORMANCE ENVIRONMENT THROUGH SEDA AND ACE PERFORMANCE. YOU WILL LEARN FROM LEADING STAFF IN THE HIGH PERFORMANCE INDUSTRY AND COMPLETE A PRACTICAL PLACEMENT THAT WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH A VARIETY OF ATHLETES.
2019 – January and July Intake
- 2 days of classroom based training and assessment (9.00am – 3.15pm)
- Minimum of 80 hours practical placement in the industry
- Up to 1/2 day per week of structured online training
You will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working with leading high performance organisation ACE Performance. The course will enable you to develop your understanding of exercise science, fitness instruction, high performance training and fitness testing. The industry experiences that will be available to you in this the course include:
- Involvement in the delivery of sessions at ACE Performance’s peak training facility at AAMI Park
- Work with athletes and players from elite clubs through the delivery of ACE Performance programs
- Learn from and be mentored by highly experienced people within the high performance industry
- Opportunity to complete a practical placement with ACE Performance
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses with the following higher education providers:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.