Diploma of Sport Development – High Performance
STUDY IN A HIGH PERFORMANCE ENVIRONMENT THROUGH SEDA AND ACCELERATION MELBOURNE. YOU WILL LEARN FROM LEADING STAFF IN THE HIGH PERFORMANCE INDUSTRY AND COMPLETE A PRACTICAL PLACEMENT THAT WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH A VARIETY OF ATHLETES.
2018 January Intake – 25 places available
- 2 days of classroom based training and assessment (9.00am – 3.15pm)
- Minimum of 180 hours of Practical Placement in the industry must be completed
- 1-5 hours per week of structured online training
Areas of Study
You will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working with leading high performance organisation Acceleration Melbourne. The course will enable you to develop your understanding of exercise science, fitness instruction, high performance training and fitness testing. The industry experiences that will be available to you in this the course include:
- Involvement in the delivery of sessions at Acceleration Melbourne’s peak training facility at AAMI Park
- Work with athletes and players from elite clubs through the delivery of Acceleration Melbourne programs
- Learn from and be mentored by highly experienced people within the high performance industry
- Opportunity to complete a practical placement with Acceleration Melbourne
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.