SIS50612 – Diploma of Sport Development – AFL Victoria
Develop your knowledge of the AFL and sports industry by completing the Diploma of Sport Development in conjunction with AFL Victoria.
You have a chance to study in a practical learning environment and gain real experience working in the AFL industry. Our partnerships with AFL Victoria and AFL clubs will enable you to be connected to and learn from highly experienced people in the AFL Industry.
2018 January Intake – 50-75 places available
- 2 days of classroom based training and assessment (9.00am – 3.15pm)
- Minimum of 180 hours of Practical Placement in the industry must be completed
- 1-5 hours per week of structured online training
Areas of Study
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a range of industry programs and events including:
- Opportunity to complete a practical placement at AFL, VFL, TAC Clubs and AFL Victoria
- Learn from and be mentored by highly credentialed people within the AFL industry through a range of presentations and activities
- Match day event management with AFL clubs
- Event management at AFL club activities including family days and community clinics
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.