SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development – AFL Victoria
Develop your knowledge of the AFL and sports industry by completing the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development in conjunction with AFL Victoria.
You have a chance to study in a practical learning environment and gain real experience working in the AFL industry. Our partnerships with AFL Victoria and AFL clubs will enable you to be connected to and learn from highly experienced people in the AFL Industry.
January 2019 and July 2019 Intake
- 1 performance testing and assessment session per term with a high performance coach
- 1 high performance athlete development session per week with a high performance coach
- Access to high performance facilities to complete your practical sessions
- Access to software program to manage your performance
- Minimum of 80 hours practical industry placement
- Up to 1/2 day per week of structured online training
Areas of Study
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a range of industry programs and events including:
- Opportunity to complete a practical placement at AFL Victoria and affiliated AFL clubs
- Learn from and be mentored by highly credentialed people within the AFL industry through a range of presentations and activities
- Match day event management with AFL clubs
- Event management at AFL club activities including family days and community clinics
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.