SIS50612 – Diploma of Sport Development – Basketball Victoria
Develop your knowledge of the basketball and sports industry by completing the Diploma of Sport Development in conjunction with Basketball Victoria.
You can further your education as you learn what it would be like to work in the basketball industry through experiences with Basketball Victoria and Melbourne United. You will learn in a practical learning environment and study a curriculum that has been developed with input from experts in the basketball industry.
2018 January Intake
- 2 days of classroom based training and assessment (9.00am – 3.15pm)
- Practical Placement opportunities available
- 1/2 day hours per week of structured online training
Areas of Study
The course will enable you to develop your understanding of a range of areas in the basketball industry and provide you with experiences to:
- Be involved in running events and major competitions with Basketball Victoria
- Game day experiences with Melbourne United and Big V clubs
- Sessions delivered by Former Olympian and NBA Player Chris Anstey
- Opportunity to complete a practical placement within a range of organisations in the basketball industry
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.