SIS50612 – Diploma of Sport Development – Sport, Recreation & Leisure
Through SEDA and Belgravia Leisure you will study an industry based course designed to provide you with first hand experience working in the sport, recreation and leisure industry. You will learn from Belgravia staff across a range of business areas and may have the opportunity to undertake a practical placement at Belgravia Leisure.
2018 January Intake – 25 places available
- 2 days of classroom based training and assessment (9.00am – 3.15pm)
- Minimum of 180 hours of Practical Placement in the industry must be completed
- 1-5 hours per week of structured online training
Areas of Study
You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge of the sport, recreation and leisure industry by working Belgravia Leisure who connect the community to a range of leisure services.
The course will enable you to understand the different roles and jobs available in the sport, recreation and leisure industry and provide you with a number of industry experiences including;
- Opportunity to complete industry based qualifications including pool life guard and first aid
- Study in industry based classrooms at Belgravia facilities
- Learn from and be mentored by highly credentialed people within the recreation and leisure industry
- Opportunity to complete a practical placement with Belgravia Leisure
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.