SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development – Cricket Australia
Develop your knowledge of the cricket and sports industry by completing the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development in conjunction with Cricket Australia.
You will work with industry experts, coaches and elite athletes in the cricket industry and have the opportunity to complete placements WITH leading organisations including Cricket Australia, Cricket Victoria, Melbourne Renegades and the Melbourne Stars.
January 2019 and July 2019 Intake
- 1 performance testing and assessment session per term with a high performance coach
- 1 high performance athlete development session per week with a high performance coach
- Access to high performance facilities to complete your practical sessions
- Access to software program to manage your performance
- Minimum of 80 hours practical industry placement
- Up to 1/2 day per week of structured online training
Areas of Study
You will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working with state and national sporting organisations and learn from key staff from BBL franchises the Melbourne Stars and Melbourne Renegades. The industry experiences available as part of the program may include:
- Sessions delivered by High Performance coach Simon Helmot
- Fitness sessions delivered by strength & conditioning coaches from Cricket Victoria
- Presentations from industry experts across a range of areas from Cricket Australia and Cricket Victoria
- Opportunity to work at game days for the Melbourne Stars and Melbourne Renegades
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.
After graduating from SEDA, Ben had a series of jobs within the sporting industry including Community Programs Assistant at Cricket Victoria, a Melbourne Stars rookie and National Presenter and Communications Co-ordinator at AIME. AIME is an educational program that supports Indigenous students through high school and into university or employment. Ben has risen to the rank of co-CEO with AIME at just the age of twenty-three years old. He is passionate about advocating for the aboriginal people and wants to continue changing the face of the country.
After graduating from SEDA, Rachel and her family launched their own business named Cutting Edge Cricket, which is an indoor cricket training and coaching facility. Rachel serves as the Managing Director of this facility and coaches aspiring athletes as well. She’s now pursuing a Bachelor of Coaching at Victoria University.
Graduates listed above have graduated from SEDA Group’s partner training providers.
For further information regarding this course, please contact us via the Contact Page.