SIS50612 – Diploma of Sport Development – Football
Whilst furthering your education you will have the opportunity to work with elite sporting clubs and learn from industry experts from both SEDA and Melbourne Victory or Melbourne City. You will be provided with an understanding of the career opportunities in the football and wider sports industry and study with others who share the same passion for football!
2018 January Intake – 25 places available
- 2 days of classroom based training and assessment (9.00am – 3.15pm)
- Minimum of 180 hours of Practical Placement in the industry must be completed
- 1-5 hours per week of structured online training
Areas of Study
The course will enable you to develop your understanding of a range of areas in the football industry and provide you with the following opportunities and experiences:
- Presentations from industry experts across a range of areas from Melbourne Victory or Melbourne City
- Opportunity to work at match days for Melbourne Victory or Melbourne City
- Opportunity to complete a practical placement at Melbourne Victory or Melbourne City
- Running events and major competitions with Melbourne Victory or Melbourne City
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.