SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development – Golf Performance
The Golf Performance Program is a high performance and improvement program suitable for students looking to improve their playing, enter the PGA Trainee Program or an undergraduate degree/course. This program is a joint initiative between the PGA International Golf Institute (RTO No. 31270) and SEDA Group (RTO No. 22503), based at the PGA Centre for Learning and Performance at the Sandhurst Club in Victoria.
This in an ideal golf education program for elite level golfers off a single figure handicap looking to improve their level of golf performance, whilst gaining a qualification to gain employment within the industry.
Course Intake and Duration
SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development
January 2019 and July 2019
Face-to-Face, 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
PGA Centre for Learning and Performance (Sandhurst)
Areas of Study
Students undertake a mix of academics and performance golf training throughout the one year program. The following components of study run concurrently across the duration of the one year program.
Practical Training and Performance: Delivered by the PGA International Golf Institute over a duration of 1 year, this component of the Golf Performance Program focuses on:
- Improving technical skill level
- Improving physically to be able to meet the demands of playing high performance golf
- Improving the tactical and mental skills of the golfer
- Improving the preparation and golf performance training of the students
- Preparing students to play tournament level golf
Academics: Co-delivered by PGA International Golf Institute and SEDA Group, this component provides the skills and knowledge for an individual intending to pursue a career in the gold and sports industry. Whilst undertaking study of the qualification SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development, key academic program areas include:
- Fitness and nutrition for performance
- Rule of Golf
- Club fitting
- Computer applications
- Drugs and anti-doping
- Sport psychology
- Junior development
- Coaching practices
- Laws and safety
- Strength and conditioning
- Managing meetings
- Coaching programs
- Client reputations
- Project management
To access the Course Information Brochure please click here.
The Golf Performance Program offers students a number of benefits throughout their one year within the program. These benefits are aimed at assisting improvement in a student’s golfing ability, along with outcomes to assist them towards a career in golf.
Features of the program include:
- Elite coaching from PGA Centre for Learning and Performance Coaches
- Training in an elite environment with likeminded people, at the PGA Centre of Learning and Performance
- Access to the latest golf technology to improve your golf game
- Tournament play in over 25 PGA sanctioned matches (Combination of PGA Trainee matches and PGA Golf Performance Program squad matches)
- Highly structured performance training program that improves the technical, physical, mental and tactical areas of your golf game
- Golf Club Membership at the Sandhurst Club – 36 hole facility
- Unlimited range balls for 12 months
- Access to practice facilities at Sandhurst Club
The qualification SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development will develop the skills and knowledge to plan, organise and manage a range of programs and services in a golf and sporting context. It offers pathways towards a career working within the golf and sports industry, the PGA Trainee Program to become a qualified PGA Professional or a professional playing pathway as a Tour Professional.
After successful completion of the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development, students may obtain employment in the golf industry as one of the following:
- Pro Shop Assistant or Manager
- Program Manager
- Tournament Official
- Sport Development Officer
Students may use this qualification as a pathway into an undergraduate degree in areas such as exercise science, sports management or physical education or a pathway to the PGA Traineeship Program. SEDA Group has numerous articulation agreements in place that will provide students access to a range of tertiary courses in the sport and recreation field upon successful completion of the SEDA Group SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development. Entry into nominated undergraduate courses are subject to meeting eligibility requirements.
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.