SIS50612 – Diploma of Sport Development – Tennis, Netball & Aquatics
THROUGH SEDA AND A RANGE OF LEADING SPORTING ORGANISATIONS YOU WILL STUDY AN INDUSTRY BASED COURSE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WORKING IN THE SPORT AND RECREATION INDUSTRY.
YOU WILL LEARN FROM STAFF FROM A RANGE OF ORGANISATIONS INCLUDING NETBALL VICTORIA, TENNIS VICTORIA, SAILING VICTORIA, SWIMMING VICTORIA AND LIFE SAVING VICTORIA.
2018 January Intake – 25 places available
- 2 days of classroom based training and assessment (9.00am – 3.15pm)
- Minimum of 180 hours of Practical Placement in the industry must be completed
- 1-5 hours per week of structured online training
Areas of Study
The industry experiences provided as part of the program include:
- Practical placements across a range of organisations including Netball Victoria, Tennis Victoria, Life Saving Victoria, Sailing Victoria Swimming Victoria
- Opportunity to work at major events, competitions and community initiatives
- Presentations from industry experts across a range of areas from Netball Victoria, Tennis Victoria, Life Saving Victoria, Sailing Victoria and Swimming Victoria
As part of the partnership between SEDA and a range of universities, upon successful completion you have the opportunity to gain entry into selected courses at the following universities:
To find out more about the range of University Pathways available to our students click here.
Upon graduating you will have a detailed understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The practical experiences provided will allow you to understand the type roles in the industry and the attributes that employers seek. For a range of career options that our past students have pursued click here.