Mid-Level ICT Developer
• Work within a collaborative team in a fun and relaxed culture
• 5 weeks’ annual leave
• Full time, Fixed term position
SEDA Group has a rare opportunity for an experienced and solutions focused Mid-level ICT Developer to join their team in Hawthorn East, on a full-time basis for the next 12 months. You would play a key role within the Applications team, building and maintaining custom software solutions based on functional and business specifications. You will have strong level of experience with Java and SQL technologies and a willingness to build skills in other technologies.
Reporting to the ICT Applications Manager you will be responsible for:
• Developing web solutions to defined business problems
• Use relevant frameworks and technologies which add value to the development process
• Maintain and focus on documentation and testing, including test-driven development
• Maintain existing web applications and modify them according to user requirements
• Ensure that applications and database develop meet a standard set of requirements to ease future maintenance
• Investigate data/information mismatches and apply solutions
• Document software developed both in code as well as externally for future reference, including inputs and outputs and the expected processes.
• Assist Application team in developing specifications for future projects
• Produce reference documentation to allow user documentation to be developed accurately
• Act as a reference point for users of internal applications, including providing desk-side support when necessary
You will be joining SEDA as a pivotal part of a dedicated and successful ICT team. This is a wide ranging role so it goes without saying that you will have experience in the development of Java7, 8 /J2EE, Hibernate, Spring Framework, Angular, JASPER reports and Tomcat Server for your application to be considered. Additionally, you will possess the ability to exercise accountability by taking personal responsibility for achieving tasks and be focused on delivering high quality work and achieving outcomes. You will be a TSQL and Microsoft SQL server guru with a working knowledge of the principles of agile, test-driven development practices.
You will demonstrate strong interpersonal and organisational skills comprising of a positive attitude, self-confidence, demonstrate finely tuned and effective communication skills as you enjoy collaborating with stakeholders. You will be a ‘natural’, role modelling our SEDA values of professionalism, innovation, integrity and collaboration.
To apply for the position please submit a covering letter and current resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Tuesday 11th December 2018.
If you have the right background and experience and wish to apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.