National Indigenous Manager (Full Time)
SEDA is recruiting for an experienced and self-motivated National Indigenous Manager to join their team in Hawthorn East, on a full time 12-month contract.
Reporting to the National Development Manager you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the implementation of SEDA’s National Indigenous Strategy;
- Utilising the collective knowledge of the National Indigenous Advisory Group to provide strategic advice and create partnerships to assist SEDA in achieving targets as set out in the National Indigenous Strategy;
- Developing Cultural Competency and organisational development at SEDA Group;
- Promoting the SEDA education model to local Indigenous agencies and communities;
- Coordinating and implementing the National Indigenous Education and Leadership Program including:
- State based leadership and mentoring program; and
- Coordinating an annual National Leadership Camp for all Indigenous students enrolled in SEDA programs across Australia
You will need a proven track record in achieving outcomes in Indigenous education, employment and mentoring programs, backed up by your amazing ability to build relationships with a variety of audiences and relevant tertiary qualifications in Education, Community Development or a related field (preferred but not essential for the right candidate).
A proactive self-starter, you will be dedicated to delivering to the highest caliber. Working within a team of passionate, energetic and positive staff members, you’ll also need a winning attitude and a drive to succeed; as you model our SEDA values of professionalism, innovation, integrity and Collaboration.
To apply for the position please submit a covering letter and current resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants can contact SEDA Group National Development Manager, Nick Hannett on 0419 374 293 if they have any further questions.
Closing date is close of business Wednesday 8th August.
SEDA group strongly welcomes applications from the diverse Australian community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you have the right background and experience and wish to apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.