Principal – SEDA College SA
SEDA College is a unique, independent, co-educational Year 11 to Year 12 College. Our aim is to develop an engaging and caring learning environment which fosters the holistic growth of each young person, with a vision to provide a range of pathways to lifelong learning. We are currently recruiting for our inaugural Principal, an Educational leader with a passion for young people and driving an innovative environment that leads to outstanding student outcomes.
SEDA College delivers senior secondary curriculum using an applied learning pedagogy. Through this applied learning model, students have a deeper connection to their education, resulting in enhanced engagement levels. SEDA’s success lies in promoting a model of learning which places the student and their life choices at the centre of everything we do. The ‘one teacher, one classroom’ model allows the teacher to know each young person and work with them to become confident learners who are optimistic about their future.
To enable our student’s success, we have unique, strong partnerships with Adelaide Crows, the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA), the Adelaide Strikers, Netball SA and the Swifts. These partnerships enable the College to engage students through their passion for sport and the broader sport and recreation industry and provide settings that contextualise the SACE and lead to high levels of senior secondary completion.
Under the direction outlined by the SEDA College Council, you will be responsible for all the college operations, staff management and key program stakeholders including but not limited to:
• Creating an innovative and positive culture where students and teacher can strive to be the best version of themselves supporting the aim of SEDA College;
• Role modelling the SEDA values of integrity, professionalism, innovation and collaboration;
• Providing leadership in a technical and policy sense to College management, coordinators and teachers;
• Leading a focus on continuous improvement within SEDA programs employed by the SEDA College and oversee further expansion of the College within the State;
• Implementing all requirements for and respond to relevant audit and compliance-based requirements for maintenance of College registration;
• Responding to all requirements from State and Federal regulators to maintain student funding;
• Managing and developing the College’s relationship with external stakeholders, including the College’s relationship with the SEDA Group and the Licensing Agreement that allows the SEDA program to be delivered by the College;
• Pro-actively leading, coaching and mentoring staff in their professional growth and career pathways;
• Overseeing staff employment, performance reviews and professional development programs; and
• Managing contemporary student health and wellbeing concerns, effective communicating and liaising with relevant stakeholders.
The College has strong relationships with SEDA College Victoria, SEDA College NSW, SEDA Group and its senior secondary operations in Western Australia and Northern Territory. All of these organisations can provide support, guidance and direction in the successful implementation of the SEDA Model.
For further information please contact Heath McMillin, College Director, for a confidential discussion regarding this rewarding position on 0408 880 504. To obtain a copy of the Position description please email email@example.com
Applications will close on Wednesday 22nd of August.
Applicants are required to submit their CV and an application letter addressing the key duties and key selection criteria outlined in the position description. The application letter must be limited to 4 pages.
SEDA College has a zero tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children’s wellbeing and protecting children from abuse.
If you have the right background and experience and wish to apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.