SEDA College SA Teacher
SEDA College SA is an independent, co-educational senior secondary college (Year 11 and Year 12) designed to engage, educate and empower young people as they transition from school to employment or further education. SEDA College SA delivers the SEDA Model, which achieves quality learning outcomes by integrating students’ interests and personalised curriculum with hands on learning that is embedded in the sport industry. This nurtures work-ready, mature, resilient and capable young people who, on completing their SACE, are empowered through a range of pathway choices in further education and/or employment.
Due to the opening of SEDA College SA and our first intake of students who will start in January 2019, we are currently seeking qualified and motivated teachers for the following roles in 2019 and beyond:
Adelaide Metropolitan Area
• Sports Development Program Teacher (Full Time) x2
Key Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Undertaking the duties of a teacher and committing to the development of young people
• Delivering curriculum and assessment material for SACE and VET courses (Sport and Recreation);
• Maintaining all assessment and reporting documentation for SACE and VET courses including records/reports for all program participants;
• Developing and maintaining strong partnerships with key stakeholders (including parents, students, local community, employers and local government);
• Implementing and supporting the relevant State Sporting Association’s strategic plan;
• Committing to continuous self- improvement, and
• Committing to ongoing improvement of provision
Position Requirements (including, but not limited to):
• Current Teacher Registration Board (TRB) registration (or ability to gain it);
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 (required or willing to obtain);
• Current Driver’s Licence;
• Current First Aid qualification (including CPR and Anaphylaxis Training) (required or willing to obtain);
• Experience in playing and coaching sport;
• Well-developed written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to develop and maintain strong and appropriate relationships with young people and adults;
• Ability to be self-motivated;
• Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances.
You will be joining a new, exciting and vibrant college that has a genuine focus on its people and the attainment of quality performance to underpin strong outcomes for young people in a role that will be exciting, challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding.
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter, current resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description – click the link for the position description.
Enquiries about the roles can be directed to Matthew Daly, Principal at SEDA College SA, on 0427 661 467
To apply in strict confidence, please send your completed application to the Principal, Matthew Daly, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to satisfactory evidence of qualifications and teaching registration.
Applications close Monday 8 October 2018 at 5p.m.
All applicants receive a response.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing Monday 15 October 2018.
If you have the right background and experience and wish to apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.