Student Well-Being Coordinator
SEDA is now seeking an experienced and driven Student Well-Being Coordinator to join their team in Hawthorn East, on a part-time, fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Operations Manager (VIC) you will be responsible for:
• Engaging and empowering students to address their mental health or other welfare concerns promptly so that they can continue to focus on their study;
• Sourcing relevant preventative programs to support the needs of students as identified by student referrals;
• Establishing and building effective relationships with external service providers and assist in ensuring an effective knowledge of health and community-based service providers for student referrals in all program locations is in place;
• Assisting with the development, implementation and management of the early identification and follow up of students who, due to health and wellbeing issues, are at risk of disengagement;
• Providing support for teachers when dealing with challenging student wellbeing issues; and
• Developing relevant preventative strategies and student/teacher activities to address the challenges experienced by young people in the SEDA program.
You will be joining SEDA as a pivotal part of the Diploma Operations team. This is a big role so it goes without saying that you will need a proven track record in a similar capacity to be considered, backed up by relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, youth work or counselling or a related field (preferred but not essential for the right candidate).
You will have experience in the assessment of young people, particularly in the area of mental health. You will also possess well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build rapport, and interact effectively with a broad range of people.
A proactive self-starter, you will be dedicated to delivering well-being initiatives and student / teacher support to the highest caliber. Working within a team of passionate, energetic and positive staff members, you’ll also need a winning attitude and a drive to succeed; as you model our SEDA values
To apply for the position please submit a covering letter and current resume directly to email@example.com. Closing date is 22nd August 2018
If you have the right background and experience and wish to apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.