Key Program Facts
SIS50319 Diploma of Sport + BSB50215* Diploma of Business
*Qualification subject to change in 2022
The Collingwood Magpies Sport & Business Program gives you the opportunity to study in a practical, hands-on learning environment, and gain real experience working alongside the Collingwood Magpies. The unique partnership between SEDA and Collingwood will enable you to connect and learn from industry experts, coaches and elite athletes.
You will have the opportunity to study curriculum matched to your interests, complete a practical placement, run major projects, and participate in football or netball-specific high performance activities, designed to further develop your skills and experience.
Upon successful completion, you will have the opportunity to move into further study with one of SEDA’s higher education partners, or transition into the workforce, equipped with the knowledge and attributes for a successful future.
Download Program Guide
Dual Diploma program delivered and assessed by SEDA comprising the SIS50319 Diploma of Sport, and the BSB50215* Diploma of Business. *Qualification subject to change in 2022
• January intake – 36-weeks duration (not including holidays)
• Program includes specialisations in Sport Development and Coaching, in addition to the requirements to satisfy the SISSS00116 High Performance Coach skill set
• Four (4) days of face-to-face training and assessment, inclusive of facilitated online delivery for some study areas
• Minimum of 80 hours of practical placement in industry
• High-performance athlete development sessions, supported by the team at the Collingwood
• Access to industry-leading facilities to complete practical sessions
• Inner sanctum game-day and community experiences with the Collingwood Magpies AFL, AFLW or Super Netball teams
• Working on real-time projects aligned to the strategic objectives of Collingwood Football Club
• Hearing from guest speakers and key industry personnel, including high-profile Collingwood professionals
• Access to industry leading facilities and resources, such as the Holden Centre, Melbourne Arena and the Olympic Park Precinct
• Immersion into a professional sporting environment that hosts both elite-level football and netball programs to develop insights into current and future career opportunities
• Practical placement opportunities
• Tertiary preparation workshops
• Tailored student support to assist with the transition to work or further study
Areas of Study
Secure and complete a practical placement with Collingwood or other organisations in the sport, fitness, and recreation industry, and explore career pathways and acquire transferable skills in real workplace settings.
*Non-accredited areas of study
Graduates of the Collingwood Magpies Sport & Business Program can gain direct entry* into a range of courses with leading tertiary education providers. In some cases, graduates will also receive credit points towards the number of units or subjects a student is required to complete in a course. The number of credits a SEDA graduate can receive per course will vary between each education provider.
Start your career in a range of different industries. Our course options cater for a range of diverse interests and completing one of the specified courses with SEDA’s tertiary partners can set you up for your dream career.
*subject to meeting eligibility requirements
SIS50319 Diploma of Sport – $8,272.00
BSB50215 Diploma of Business – $7,392.00
VET Student Loan program is available for the SIS50319 Diploma of Sport & BSB50215 Diploma of Business with SEDA Group. A VET Student Loan will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements. In 2021, the maximum course fees are: SIS50319 Diploma of Sport = $10,688.95, BSB50215 Diploma of Business = $7,392.00. A VET Student Loan gives rise to a VETSL debt that continues to be debt due to the Commonwealth.
Click here for more information about VET Student Loans.
Selection into the Collingwood Magpies Sport & Business Program is based on an online application and interview process.
- Successful completion of Year 12 or approved equivalent^
- Attend an interview and provide evidence in support of their application
- Successfully compete a Pre-Training Review, and Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test issued by SEDA
- Individuals under the age of 18 must have gained parental/guardian consent to undertake the program
- Individuals who are unable to meet this requirement due to their individual circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis
^Individuals who are unable to meet this requirement due to their individual circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis.
Applications are submitted directly to SEDA Group. The course application form must be completed prior to enrolment. This form is an application form and does not enrol you into the SIS50319 Diploma of Sport or BSB50215 Diploma of Business. This form will be used to assess your eligibility for the courses and VET Student Loans.
Collingwood Football Club provides marketing and promotional services on behalf of SEDA relating to the recruitment of prospective students for this program.