This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected by SEDA Group, including seda.edu.au and any related SEDA Group website, social media page, internal website or intranet, any SEDA web application and from an individual via any other means, including physically or electronically.
In this statement, we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, disclose it and what authority you have in relation to this information.
SEDA Group will always handle your personal information securely and comply with all applicable Australian privacy laws and the Australia Privacy Principles (APPs).
If you wish to access your data or provide feedback on how we’re using your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event of an investigation when a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s or SEDA Group’s website logs
- If you choose to download information from the Tenders section of the website
- If you request information, submit an application under FOI for access to personal information Freedom of Information , or make a formal complaint Complaints
Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that SEDA Group may collect about you includes:
- Name, gender, date of birth and age;
- Contact details, including addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Details of a family member you register for an Information Session, event, competition or promotion, including name and age, postcode and what program you are interested in;
- Digital information, such as cookies, pixels, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked app installations;
- Financial information in regards to fees, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details;
- If you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
- If you make contact with SEDA Group, including to make an enquiry regarding our school, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
- If you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to SEDA Group;
- If you register for an event using a booking service provided by a third party in connection with our functions or activities, those third parties may share your details with us;
- If you interact with SEDA via social networking services (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn);
- If you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or newsletters;
- If you submit an employment application to us.
At SEDA Group, we use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our functions or activities, including to provide school services to you.
SEDA may use your personal information:
- For the purposes stated on a particular Collection Channel;
- To provide senior secondary education and proper care for our students;
- To keep Parents and Guardians informed about their child’s progress and wellbeing;
- To promote specific programs and partners of SEDA through direct marketing, digital advertising, events and competitions. This includes but is not limited to direct mail, email, sms, telephone or any other form of electronic, digital and print communication;
- To customise a Website or Application based on your preferences; and
You have the right to access and amend information about you that is held by SEDA Group. Requests for access should be sent to the Freedom of Information Officer, Level 1, 425 Riversdale Rd,Hawthorn East,Vic. 3123.
SEDA Group may use your personal information to let you know about our school’s services (including news, events, promotions and campaigns). We may contact you via email, direct mail, SMS or by telephone.
SEDA Group will not communicate marketing or promotional information with you unless we have your expressed or inferred consent in accordance with Australian laws. If you have received communications from us, you may opt out and may remove your name from the database by utilising the unsubscribe function (communicated via electronic message) or contacting us via phone or email.
All employees of SEDA Group have a statutory duty to deal with your personal information in a confidential manner and in accordance with the principles detailed within the Information Privacy Act.
This site does not provide facilities for securely transmitting information across the Internet. You should be aware that there are risks in transmitting information across the Internet. If you are concerned about conveying sensitive material to SEDA Group or its linked providers for on-line payments (Australia Post, B-pay, Maxi) over the Internet, you may prefer to contact us by telephone, mail or in person at one of SEDA Group’s Customer Service Centres.
If you access another organisation’s website using a link from this website, it should be noted that you will be exiting the SEDA College website and will be subject to the terms, conditions and circumstances of the site you visit, including the level of privacy protection offered on that site.
SEDA College is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such websites.