Program Overview –
At SEDA Group (SEDA), you will have the opportunity to study a curriculum matched to your interests, complete a practical placement, run projects interstate or abroad, and undertake a customised, sport-specific high-performance program designed for you.
Students will undertake one full term of weekly high performance athlete development sessions with a high-performance coach and have access to high-performance facilities to complete practical sessions.
Upon successful completion, you will have the opportunity to move into further study with a range of higher education providers or to transition into the workforce, equipped with the knowledge and skills for a successful future.
AREAS OF STUDY –
• Improve athletic performance by utilising sport psychology and sports nutrition techniques
• Collaborate with support personnel including exercise physiologists, psychologists, strength and conditioning coaches, and dietitians to get the best out of athletes
• Gain experience in strength and conditioning, including an understanding of the latest in performance technology
• Provide training program advice to your clients to enhance their peak performance
• Become part of a project team, learn from industry, and see your hard work come to life
• Develop your understanding of sponsorship and fundraising, and utilise different approaches to generate revenue to run your project or event
• Develop new product ideas, and market them using social media
• Explore career pathways in real workplace settings and acquire transferable skills that employers’ value
• Secure a practical placement that is linked to your interests and is specific to your career aspirations
• Complete your placement with our partner organisations or with other organisations in the sport, fitness and recreation industry
INDUSTRY PARTNERS –
The dual Diploma gives you the opportunity to study in a practical learning environment and gain real experience working with your chosen industry partner. Our partnerships with national and state sporting organisations, elite clubs and leading industry service providers will enable you to be connected to and learn from highly experienced people in the industry.
TERTIARY PATHWAYS –
Graduates of the Sports Industry Program will have the opportunity to gain entry* into a range of courses with higher education providers in Victoria and Western Australia. In some circumstances, graduates can also receive articulation credits* towards these courses. The number of credits a SEDA graduate can receive per course will vary between each education provider.
*subject to meeting eligibility requirements
SEDA Group is an approved provider of VET Student Loans and therefore can offer the Commonwealth VET Student Loans scheme to eligible
students through to 31st December 2021. Students enrolled in the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development can access VET Student Loans to
pay their tuition fees provided they meet the eligibility requirements.
The VET Student Loan program is available for the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development. A VET Student Loan will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements. In 2020, the maximum SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development course fee is $12,404.85. A VET Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid.
Individuals should be aware that enrolling in the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development and BSB50215 Diploma of Business may affect future training options and eligibility for government subsidised training.
FURTHER INFORMATION –
For further information regarding this course, please contact our friendly Admissions Team